Support State-Level Mountain Bike Advocacy In California And Win A One-Of-A-Kind Commencal T.E.M.P.O. Trail Bike!
California Mountain Biking Coalition (CAMTB) is thrilled to announce a partnership with Crankbrothers to support more and better bike-friendly trails in California this Spring, 2023. Donate $5 or more to CAMTB via the form below today to be automatically entered into the drawing. One lucky donor will take home this one-of-a-kind Commencal T.E.M.P.O. with the finest components from Crankbrothers, Industry 9, Cane Creek, Fizik, Hayes, Pro Taper, Continental, and Wrench and Roll. Make your donation by May 31, 2023 @ 11:59 PM Pacific.
About the Cranksbrothers Special Edition Commencal T.E.M.P.O. Dream Bike
To help further CAMTB’s vision for more and better bike-friendly trails in California, Crankbrothers has collaborated with Commencal, Industry 9, Cane Creek, Fizik, Hayes, Pro Taper, and Continental, to give away a one-of-a-kind trail bike showcasing some of the finest components on the market. The Crankbrother’s Special Edition Commencal T.E.M.P.O. will premiere in person at the 2023 edition of the world’s premier cycling festival, the Sea Otter Classic.
As a brand with a passion for building premium components, Crankbrothers has always had an appreciation for a well-built custom bike – there is something special about a collection of highly-curated parts coming together in harmony to create a two-wheeled, trail-ripping machine that can’t simply be purchased off the showroom floor. But there’s perhaps one thing that we bike nerds love even more: an opportunity to give back to the cycling community.
This winter, record-breaking rainfall hit California’s trail systems hard, leading to widespread trail closures due to flooding and erosion. Many of the affected trails are still in need of repair and maintenance, limiting options and trail access for members of our cycling community.
In its search for ways we could help, Crankbrothers struck up a conversation with CAMTB together to support the restoration and expansion of California’s bike-friendly trail network. Inspired by the lush chaparral-covered California hillsides (greener than ever thanks to the record rain totals mentioned above), Crankbrothers Special Edition 2023 Commencal T.E.M.P.O. frame sports a custom sage camouflage paint scheme, hand-crafted by the artists at Element 6.
Crankbrothers made the obvious choice to equip this dream bike with its top-shelf Synthesis Carbon Enduro rims with custom graphics and laced to Industry Nine Hydra hubs, a Highline 7 dropper post and remote, as well as its limited edition “Camo Green” Stamp 7 pedals in keeping with the theme.
In addition, Wrench and Roll assisted with preparation and assembly. Crankbrothers and CAMTB would like to thank all of the industry partners who contributed to this build, including Commencal, Industry 9, Cane Creek, Fizik, Hayes, ProTaper, and Continental.
Grand Prize: Complete custom-built, size Medium, Commencal T.E.M.P.O. mountain bike (estimated retail value: $10,000 USD).
- Spokes: Sapim Bladed
- Brakes: Hayes Dominion T4/T2
- Rotors: Hayes 203 Front/180 Rear
- Tire Front: Continental Krypotal 2.4 Re Trail Casing
- Tire Rear: Continental Xynotal 2.4 Trail Casing
- Crankset: SRAM XX Carbon transmission
- Groupset: SRAM XX Transmission
- Pedals: Crankbrothers Stamp 7 Camo edition
- Handlebars: ProTaper A25
- Stem: ProTaper A35 stem 32mm
- Grips: ProTaper
- Seatpost: Crankbrothers Highline 7 with Ti hardware
- Saddle: Fizik Alpaca Trail
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM Dub
- Headset: Acros
What Your Donation Supports
Your donation to the California Mountain Biking Coalition will help fuel our ongoing state-level mountain bike advocacy efforts, including:
About the Partners
Define Your Trail.
From humble beginnings in a Laguna Beach garage, Cranbrothers has grown into a globally recognized, leading brand of pedals, wheels, dropper posts, pumps, tools, and accessories. Crankbrothers products are tested and proven by world-class athletes but are created to improve every rider’s experience. They engineer mountain bike components that deliver superior function through disruptive design. Its design philosophy is simple: start with a clean slate, and finish with a product that makes each ride better than the last.
Learn more at www.crankbrothers.com
More Trails. Better Trails.
The California Mountain Biking Coalition CAMTB leverages the collective voice of California mountain bikers and other human-powered trail riders to expand and enhance bike-friendly trails in California. Together, and with the support of our 30-member organizations, we advocate for the larger mountain biking community by:
- Providing a unifying voice for California mountain and gravel bikers across the state
- Engaging Legislators and Major Land Managers
- Tracking and influencing legislation and elections
- Cultivating, connecting, and developing shared resources for bike-friendly trail stewards
- Facilitating a member-led Advisory Council, our MTB brain-trust
- Amplifying the amazing land stewardship being undertaken by our member organizations
- Building Cooperative Cross-Pollinated Community of MTB advocates in California
Terms & Conditions
By donating to CAMTB you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- The “CAMTB Crankbrothers Bike Giveaway” is open to US residents, 18 years and older only.
- The “CAMTB Crankbrothers Bike Giveaway” is being conducted by California Mountain Biking Coalition, a non-profit 501(c)(4) corporation under the laws of the State of California.
- Submitted form information may be shared with our 3rd party partners, including Sierra Nevada Brewing.
- There is no limit to the number of entries one person may receive.
- Crankbrothers and CAMTB staff, board members, and their spouses are not eligible to participate in this drawing.
- Donations can be made by credit card only. Processing fees are not counted toward the donation amount.
- Donation amounts can be made in $5 increments.
- Donation/Entry Schedule:
- $5 = 1 Entry
- $10 = 2 Entries
- $20 = 4 Entries
- $50 = 10 Entries
- $100 = 20 Entries
- $150 = 30 Entries
- $500 = 100 Entries
- $1,000 = 200 Entries
- By IRS declaration, donations are not eligible for charitable tax deductions.
- Odds of winning will depend on the total amount of donations received.
- Donations can be made by the following methods: on the internet at: https://camtb.org/crankbros/
- All donations must be received with full payment no later than 11:59 PM on May 31, 2023.
- Prizes: Three prizes will be given away.
- The Grand Prize: the recipient will receive One (1) Custom Commencal Tempo Mountain Bike (Estimated Value $xx,xxx USD).
- 1st Runner-Up Prize: recipient will receive Crankbrothers/Partner Prize Pack 1: Crankbrothwers Synthesis Alloy Industry9 Wheel Set
- 2nd Runner-Up Prize: recipient will receive Crankbrothers/Partner Prize Pack 2: Crankbrothers Shoe & Pedal Package
- Prizes are not negotiable and cannot be exchanged.
- Drawing will be held on Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 12:00 PM Pacific. The winner will be determined by random selection.
- Winners will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the drawing.
- The prize winners are solely responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes, title, transfer fees, license duties, insurance, and all expenses incurred in claiming the prize. The prize winners understand, acknowledge, and agree that they are receiving a prize, and will hereby release and discharge CAMTB, and any additional sponsors, agents, officers, directors and legal representatives and assigns from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses arising from or caused by the award of such prizes, including, but not limited to the payment of any and all taxes that are due.
- Prize must be claimed by June 30, 2023. Any unclaimed prize after that date will constitute forfeiture and be transferred to CAMTB as a donation.
- CAMTB, its Board of Directors, and its agents assume no liability for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, or entries without payment which will be deemed invalid and disqualified.
- The decisions and rules of CAMTB are final on all matters concerning the drawing.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the drawing. To enter without purchase, mail a handwritten postcard to “CAMTB Administrator” at P.O. Box 550709, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, containing your (1) full name; (2) mailing address, including street address, city, state/district, and zip code (P.O. boxes are not accepted); (3) telephone number; (4) email address; (5) date of birth; and (6) the statement, “I have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the Official Rules for the “CAMTB Crankbrothers Bike Give Away”. All write-in entries must be postmarked by May 24, 2023, and received by May 30, 2023. There is a limit of one (1) write-in entry per person.
Need some help or more info? Contact us anytime at email@example.com.